Experienced content marketing executive with extensive knowledge of online content strategy, editorial management and community building. Responsible for numerous strategic content plans and dramatic organic audience growth. Proven record of delivering efforts on-time and on-budget. Editor or author of hundreds of articles on careers, technology and finance.
- Created and executed strategy that resulted in organic traffic growth of well over 100 percent in one year.
- Achieved stated goals and managed staff and freelancers while spending 38 percent less than expected budget in below expectations.
- Created first consumer multimedia products for Dow Jones Online Product Group.
- Author and editor of hundreds of articles on technology, personal finance and corporate finance.
Dice.com; New York, N.Y. — 2006 – Present
- Developed and executed strategy that organically grew page views over 100 percent in two years.
- Pursued editorial strategy including reporting, video, customized and online webinars while limiting spending to 38 percent below budget.
- Managed staff of three plus numerous freelancers with budget of over $750,000
- Edited hundreds of stories including breaking job news, career advice and technology best practices.
As Managing Editor, develops editorial strategy and oversees daily editorial production for news.dice.com, a news service provided by the Web’s leading technology career site. Develops editorial calendar, assigns and edits daily package of stories and video. Grew page monthly page views by 58 percent in one year through aggressive revision of editorial approach.
Previously served as managing editor for Dice properties eFinancialCareers North America and AllHealthcareJobs.
Tramp Steamer Media; Trenton, N.J. — 1997 – 2006
- Founded early pioneer in creating custom content-marketing for companies included Webhire, Merrill Lynch and the Association of Clinical Research Organizations.
- Managed full-time staff of four including editors, production manager and sales executive, plus numerous freelancers.
- Authored more than 100 articles in personal finance, technology and corporate taxes.
- Built revenue to over $500,000 per year.
Founder, President and Publisher of editorial services firm producing custom content for brand-name companies including Dow Jones, Bloomberg, Charles Schwab, KPMG, Thomas Edison State College, Webhire and others. Responsible for developing online editorial and publishing strategies and product management, sales and technical planning.
United Multimedia; Trenton, N.J. — 1995 – 1997
Co-founder and partner in interactive consulting firm that developed FutureScan, the first Internet-based career guide for high school students. Led on product design and development, reporting, writing and regular website production. Spun off Tramp Steamer Media in 1997.
Dow Jones Interactive Services; Princeton, N.J. — 1984 – 1995
- Developed some of the first consumer online products for publisher of The Wall Street Journal, including Dow Jones Business & Finance Report, Dow Jones Personal Publishing, and Wall Street Journal Personal Finance Library on first Quicken CD ROM.
- Oversaw product line of private investor software products with sales in excess of $500,000 annually.
- Served on team creating the company’s first dedicated online information network.
- Created, developed and produced experimental fax-publishing product line.
As Product Manager, oversaw design, development and operations for Dow Jones Private Investor Services. Oversaw development of first multimedia consumer products for The Wall Street Journal, researched and developed new product strategies. Previously served as Editor of Database Development, a product development role with online News Department. Founding writer of the Dow Jones Business & Finance Report, one of the first online products dedicated to business news.
Northwestern University, Medill School of Journalism — 1984
Master of Science, Journalism
Boston University, College of Communications — 1982
Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude, Broadcasting and Film
- Founder and President, Port of Trenton Foundation, Trenton, N.J.
- Past Vice President, synagogue Kehilat HaNahar, New Hope, Pa.
- Former Board Member, Trenton Downtown Association economic development initiative, Trenton, N.J.
- Past President, Passage Theatre Company, Trenton, N.J.